Centre Jeunesse de Montréal - Header

The Centre Jeunesse de Montréal helps troubled youth. The building located at 8147 Sherbrooke East was built in 1932 and was occupied by the San Antonio Institute when they moved there over 70 years ago. The original institution was founded by the Brothers of Charity and their buildings on the Rue Montigny (now de Maisonneuve Blvd) dated in 1868.

Work done

  • Complex Scaffold approved by an engineer in order to avoid damaging the roof
  • Dismantling of pillars and wall facings at the height of the parapet
  • Installation of an air barrier by applying liquid on all wall surfaces affected by the work and the installation of membrane flashings
  • Replacement of lintels with galvanized lintels
  • Restoration of architectural stone with stainless steel rods, epoxy and mortar formulated for the restoration and reconstruction of hewn stone
  • Pointing with lime mortar
  • Installation of Helifix stainless steel anchors
  • Replace all the broken bricks with matching bricks
  • Replacement of wooden frames pilasters with treated wood and new painted steel caps
  • Redo the caulking around windows
  • Cleaning masonry with a special soap