The building of this construction site began in 1931 and ended in 1932. The hospital was founded by the Ordre des Hospitalier de Saint-Jean-de-Dieu and then specialized for the treatment of long disease duration. A medical school was established there in 1936; it provided courses into the 70’s. The building located at 555 boulevard Gouin Ouest in Montreal is now occupied by the Accommodation Centre Notre-Dame-de-la-Merci.
- Pointing several sections with lime mortar
- Replacement of all broken bricks with matching bricks
- Replaced old with custom made Indiana stone sills
- Dismantling and reconstruction of brick walls with new stainless steel anchors
- Installation of Helifix stainless steel anchors on several sections of the building
- Redo the caulking around windows